Saturday, December 3, 2011

Can Patience be taught ?

When asked of my weaknesses, the first thing that comes out of my lips is "Impatience". It is indeed a weakness. When I need something done it has to be then and there. I get really agitated when I see someone who is expected to be serving me , just dilly dallying around while I wait. If I need something from someone,  my mind expects whatever it is to be implemented and/or fulfilled in the next couple of minutes.

My patience has been so bad , I once went to a hospital and left because I couldn't stand the thought of waiting.I hate the thought of going to Government Offices because of the same thing. Waiting!

On the roads Daladalas are famous for cutting in front of other cars ( Kuchomekea) when in queues or even stopping in the middle of the road to let passengers in. There are others who use the service roads and then cut in, infront of others who are rightfully on the road.  All of this because of Impatience.

Can a person be taught Patience? Waiting calmly even if things are not moving.....?Or is it a habit or character that one is born with that can't be changed? I personally have tried to change, but I still find it difficult.
Most of the time I end up angry and close to having a mental breakdown when things are not moving.

Is it good to be patient? Does it help?Do things get done when you are patient, or does time move fast.....leaving you waiting, all alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment