Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stuck in Traffic for 3 Hours

You must have read the heading and thought 3 hours, that's nothing. I have been stuck in traffic longer than that before.

The hours may not be so much but the bad thing is the distance from where I was coming to where I was going should not have been more than 20 minutes, assuming there was a slight queue and delay caused by two traffic lights.People left the office, went home and showered, got out for dinner, and I was still on the same road!

For those who know Dar, I was coming from Sinza just behind Mlimani city and heading to Ubungo...like 100 meters after UDSM  Mabibo Hostel.
The pace at which the cars were moving was enough to know there was a problem up ahead. The funny thing is, you could not see anything whenever you reach an intersection, it's just a bunch of other cars also moving at the same pace. No blockage, no accidents, nothing.

This is the holiday season and normally people are out of town and the roads are almost empty.But today, alas!

.Kudos to our local radio stations for playing nice songs at least they make you forget for a while where you are. Oh and I was able to order Chips Kuku from a kibanda on the road....so I had my dinner to go, literally!
After this drama today, I have sworn to leave the office at 3pm tomorrow, come what may!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment