Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Uncivilized things to do…….

According to me, these are some habits I would consider uncivilized
-          You are invited to a party and without asking if you can bring someone, you take two people with you!
 People budget for parties and when you are invited, they know they can feed you, not your whole clan.

-          You ‘pop in’ to a neighbor’s house at 2pm, just to say hi.
Just after lunch when people want to relax and lounge and you expect them to sit and talk.

-          You go visit a friend at 9am on a Saturday unannounced!
Some people sleep in on weekends. You know how much of a hassle it is to get up and brush your teeth, take a shower, get decently dressed and go and start making breakfast for both of you?

-          You go to a friend’s house (not a close friend) and open their refrigerator just to check what’s in there.
      Do you stock the refrigerator?Is it yours? No. So sit down on the couch or chair and wait to be served.

-          Answering the phone and talking so loudly in a public crowded place.
Who needs to know ‘dada Yule kuku mtoe kwenye friji ayeyuke, niko njiani nakuja kupika’?.

-          Picking your nose and extending your hand to greet someone.
Yuck!Germs!

-          Blaming someone for not inviting you to a function.
So you weren’t invited…no drinks nor party food. You haven’t lost anything by not being there!

-          We are not friends, just acquaintances and you call me to tell me you want me to contribute to your wedding. Then calling again and saying I owe you my contribution. 

-          Holding other people’s phones and scrolling through them.
 That’s why the phone numbers are registered to Amina, Sarah,Andrew,Massanja! It is not a public phone!

-          Calling at midnight just because the calling rates are lower or free.
Some of us do sleep at night and you wake me up just to say so how have you been? What’s new?

-          Greeting someone you have not seen in 3 years and all of a sudden saying “here’s my number call me’.
If we have not met in 3 years and I have not suffered nor missed you nor had the need to talk to you and I am perfectly healthy and comfortable….why should I look for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment